What are thematic indices?
Each thematic index represents a themed group of US-listed equities. Themes can be based on sectors or performance of the equities according to certain metrics.
Thematic indices present traders with an opportunity to speculate on broad market-wide trends without having to trade multiple equity positions.
How to trade thematic indices
You can use a combination of fundamental and technical analysis when trading thematic index markets.
Traders may use thematic indices to:
- Hedge equity positions
- Manage risk and volatility
- Gain exposure to large cap equities
- Secure a source of liquidity
- Take a risk-reward position
Trade Indices risk free with a demo account
What moves thematic indices?
Thematic index markets generally move according to the cumulative share price of each constituent company in the index. Factors that may impact share prices include:
- Earnings releases
- Macroeconomic events
- News relating to constituent companies
Start trading 5 unique thematic indices with City Index today.
Smart traders deserve
- Fast & powerful new HTML5 technology
- Advanced intelligence and charting
- Fully customisable workspaces