FedEX Corp (FDX)
click to enlarge charts
Key Levels (1 to 3 weeks)
Intermediate resistance: 158.80
Pivot (key resistance): 176.60
Supports: 132.40 & 125.95/122.20
Next resistance: 199.30
Directional Bias (1 to 3 weeks)
FedEx has staged a bearish breakdown yesterday, 27 Aug below the 26 Dec 2018 low and its 52-week low of 150.68. It has recorded a daily close of 149.53 at end of yesterday U.S. session.
Bearish bias below 176.60 key medium-term pivotal resistance for further potential impulsive downleg sequence to target the next supports at 132.40 and 129.95/122.20 zone. However, a clearance with a daily close above 176.60 invalidates the bearish scenario for a squeeze up towards the major range resistance of 199.30.
- After 2-weeks whipsaw in price action seen in early to mid-Jul 2019 above the long-term secular ascending support from Mar 2009 low, FDX has reintegrated below the ascending support and stays below it for the past 4-weeks.
- Since 18 Apr 2018 high, FDX has evolved into a medium-term descending channel with the upper limit acting as a resistance at 176.60.
- The daily RSI oscillator remains negative below the a corresponding resistance at the 45 level which suggests medium-term downside momentum of price action remains intact.
- The next significant medium-term support rests at the 125.95/122.20 zone which is defined by the major swing low of Jan 2016, the lower boundary of the medium-term descending channel and a Fibonacci retracement/projection cluster.
- Relative strength analysis against the market (S&P 500) and its sector (Industrials) are suggesting further potential underperformance of FDX.
Charts are from eSignal
This report is intended for general circulation only. It should not be construed as a recommendation, or an offer (or solicitation of an offer) to buy or sell any financial products. The information provided does not take into account your specific investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs. Before you act on any recommendation that may be contained in this report, independent advice ought to be sought from a financial adviser regarding the suitability of the investment product, taking into account your specific investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs.
StoneX Financial Pte. Ltd., may distribute reports produced by its respective foreign entities or affiliates within the StoneX group of companies or third parties pursuant to an arrangement under Regulation 32C of the Financial Advisers Regulations. Where the report is distributed to a person in Singapore who is not an accredited investor, expert investor or an institutional investor (as defined in the Securities Futures Act), StoneX Financial Pte. Ltd. accepts legal responsibility to such persons for the contents of the report only to the extent required by law. Singapore recipients should contact StoneX Financial Pte. Ltd. at 6826 9988 for matters arising from, or in connection with the report.
In the case of all other recipients of this report, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and regulations neither StoneX Financial Pte. Ltd. nor its associated companies will be responsible or liable for any loss or damage incurred arising out of, or in connection with, any use of the information contained in this report and all such liability is hereby expressly disclaimed. No representation or warranty is made, express or implied, that the content of this report is complete or accurate.
StoneX Financial Pte. Ltd. is not under any obligation to update this report.
Trading CFDs and FX on margin carries a high level of risk that may not be suitable for some investors. Consider your investment objectives, level of experience, financial resources, risk appetite and other relevant circumstances carefully. The possibility exists that you could lose some or all of your investments, including your initial deposits. If in doubt, please seek independent expert advice. Visit cityindex.com.sg for the complete Risk Disclosure Statement.