EUR/USD – 1.1280 remains the key support to watch
click to enlarge chart
- Traded sideways with a range of 45 pips while holding above the 1.1280 key short-term pivotal support as per highlighted in our previous report (click here for a recap). Maintain bullish bias for a potential residual push up to target 1.1340/1350 (medium-term descending resistance from 24 Sep 2018 high & 61.8% Fibonacci retracement of the previous slide from 20 Mar 2019 high to 02 Apr 2019 low) before another slide materialises.
- On the other hand, an hourly close below 1.1280 shall invalidate the push up scenario for a slide towards 1.1245 before the medium-term range support of 1.1175.
GBP/USD – Push down within range in progress
click to enlarge chart
- Drifted down lower as expected to print a low of 1.3027 in yesterday 17 Apr European session before it traded sideways. Given that the 1-hour Stochastic oscillator has inched upwards and still has further room to manoeuvre to the upside before it reaches an extreme overbought level, the pair may see a push up to retest 1.3080 intermediate resistance before another round of potential push down to retest the 1.2980/2960 minor range support in place since 11 Mar 2019 in the first step.
- On the other hand, an hourly close above the 1.3120 key short-term pivotal resistance negates the bearish tone for a further push up towards the next intermediate resistance at 1.3190 (former ascending range support from 03 Jan 2019 low & minor descending trendline).
USD/JPY – 111.80 remains the key support to watch
- After an earlier pop above the 112.00 psychological level ahead of the release of the better than expected China industrial production and retail sales figures for Mar, the pair has failed to make another headway above 112.10 and traded sideways above the 111.80 key short-term pivotal support as per highlighted in our previous report.
- Maintain bullish bias and added 112.10 as the upside trigger level to reinforce a further potential push up to target the next intermediate resistances at 112.50 and 112.95 next (Fibonacci expansion cluster & the medium-term descending resistance from 03 Oct 2018 high).
- On the other hand, an hourly close below 111.80 negates the bullish tone for another round of slide to retest the 110.85 support.
AUD/USD – Mix elements remain intact
- Despite a break above the medium-term descending range resistance from 03 Dec 2018 high, price action of the pair does not have a strong bullish conviction as it has ended yesterday, 17 Apr U.S. session with a daily “Spinning Top” candlestick pattern.
- Mix elements, maintain neutrality stance between 0.7200 and 0.7145. A break below 0.7145 sees a further push down to retest the 0.7060 minor range support in place since 20 Mar 2019.
- On the flipside, a clearance with an hourly close above 0.7200 opens up scope for a bullish range breakout to target the next intermediate resistance at 0.7290 (31 Jan/01 Feb 2019 swing high area) in the first step.
Charts are from eSignal
This report is intended for general circulation only. It should not be construed as a recommendation, or an offer (or solicitation of an offer) to buy or sell any financial products. The information provided does not take into account your specific investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs. Before you act on any recommendation that may be contained in this report, independent advice ought to be sought from a financial adviser regarding the suitability of the investment product, taking into account your specific investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs.
StoneX Financial Pte. Ltd., may distribute reports produced by its respective foreign entities or affiliates within the StoneX group of companies or third parties pursuant to an arrangement under Regulation 32C of the Financial Advisers Regulations. Where the report is distributed to a person in Singapore who is not an accredited investor, expert investor or an institutional investor (as defined in the Securities Futures Act), StoneX Financial Pte. Ltd. accepts legal responsibility to such persons for the contents of the report only to the extent required by law. Singapore recipients should contact StoneX Financial Pte. Ltd. at 6826 9988 for matters arising from, or in connection with the report.
In the case of all other recipients of this report, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and regulations neither StoneX Financial Pte. Ltd. nor its associated companies will be responsible or liable for any loss or damage incurred arising out of, or in connection with, any use of the information contained in this report and all such liability is hereby expressly disclaimed. No representation or warranty is made, express or implied, that the content of this report is complete or accurate.
StoneX Financial Pte. Ltd. is not under any obligation to update this report.
Trading CFDs and FX on margin carries a high level of risk that may not be suitable for some investors. Consider your investment objectives, level of experience, financial resources, risk appetite and other relevant circumstances carefully. The possibility exists that you could lose some or all of your investments, including your initial deposits. If in doubt, please seek independent expert advice. Visit cityindex.com.sg for the complete Risk Disclosure Statement.