Market News & Analysis
Daily Forex Technical Trend Bias/Key Levels (Wed 19 Jun)
Kelvin Wong June 19, 2019 11:44 AM
EUR/USD – Further potential push down towards medium-term range support
- Broke below the 1.1200 lower limit of the short-term neutrality zone as per highlighted in our previous report. Yesterday’s drop has been triggered by a dovish speech made by “soon to be outgoing” ECB President Draghi that ECB could cut interest rates again or kickstart another round of QE.
- Momentum has turned negative again, flip back to a bearish bias below 1.1220 key short-term pivotal resistance (also the upper boundary of a minor descending channel from 12 Jun 2019 high) for a potential residual push down to target 1.1150 support with a maximum limit set at 1.1120 medium-term range support.
- However, a clearance with an hourly close above 1.1220 triggers a corrective rebound towards the next intermediate resistance at 1.1280.
GBP/USD – Minor corrective rebound in progress
click to enlarge chart
- Staged the expected bounce above the 1.2500 key pivotal support as per highlighted in our previous report (click here for a recap).
- It ended yesterday’s U.S. session with a daily bullish “Hammer” candlestick pattern and printed a current intraday high of 1.2570 in today’s Asian morning session. No change, maintain bullish bias in any dips above the 1.2500 pivotal support for a further potential corrective bounce towards the intermediate resistance zone of 1.2610/2650.
- However, a break with an hourly close below 1.2500 may see spike down to towards the next support at 1.2460/2440 (03 Jan 2019 swing low & Fibonacci expansion cluster).
USD/JPY – 108.65 remains the key resistance to watch
click to enlarge chart
- Continued to trade sideways within the minor “Expanding Wedge” range configuration for the past 3 weeks since 04 Jun 2019. Yesterday’s push up seen in the U.S. session led to a retest on the 108.65 key pivotal resistance after news broke out that a planned meeting between U.S. President Trump and China’s Xi to take place during the G20 summit on 28/29 Jun 2019.
- Maintain bearish bias for a slide to retest 107.80 and a break below it reinforces a further drop towards the next near-term support at 107.30/10 (Fibonacci expansion cluster).
- However, an hourly close above 108.65 invalidates the bearish scenario for a squeeze up towards the next intermediate resistance at 109.25.
AUD/USD – Minor corrective rebound in progress
click to enlarge chart
- Managed to stage the expected bounce at the 0.6830/6810 key short-term pivotal support as per highlighted in our previous report. It printed a current intraday high of 0.6885 in today’s Asian morning session. Maintain bullish bias in any dips for a further potential corrective bounce towards the intermediate resistance zone of 0.6900/6930.
- However, a break with an hourly close below 0.6810 resumes the down move sequence to test the 03 Jan 2019 flash crash low of 0.6740 in the first step.
Charts are from eSignal
This report is intended for general circulation only. It should not be construed as a recommendation, or an offer (or solicitation of an offer) to buy or sell any financial products. The information provided does not take into account your specific investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs. Before you act on any recommendation that may be contained in this report, independent advice ought to be sought from a financial adviser regarding the suitability of the investment product, taking into account your specific investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs.
GAIN Capital Singapore Pte. Ltd., may distribute reports produced by its respective foreign entities or affiliates within the GAIN Capital group of companies or third parties pursuant to an arrangement under Regulation 32C of the Financial Advisers Regulations. Where the report is distributed to a person in Singapore who is not an accredited investor, expert investor or an institutional investor (as defined in the Securities Futures Act), GAIN Capital Singapore Pte. Ltd. accepts legal responsibility to such persons for the contents of the report only to the extent required by law. Singapore recipients should contact GAIN Capital Singapore Pte. Ltd. at 6826 9988 for matters arising from, or in connection with the report.
In the case of all other recipients of this report, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and regulations neither GAIN Capital Singapore Pte. Ltd. nor its associated companies will be responsible or liable for any loss or damage incurred arising out of, or in connection with, any use of the information contained in this report and all such liability is hereby expressly disclaimed. No representation or warranty is made, express or implied, that the content of this report is complete or accurate.
GAIN Capital Singapore Pte. Ltd. is not under any obligation to update this report.
Trading CFDs and FX on margin carries a high level of risk that may not be suitable for some investors. Consider your investment objectives, level of experience, financial resources, risk appetite and other relevant circumstances carefully. The possibility exists that you could lose some or all of your investments, including your initial deposits. If in doubt, please seek independent expert advice. Visit cityindex.com.sg for the complete Risk Disclosure Statement.
Cryptocurrencies are not legal tender currency and trading of derivatives on Cryptocurrencies are currently not covered under any regulatory regime in Singapore. Consequently, investors should be aware they do not have protection under the Securities and Futures Act (Cap. 289). Please ensure that you are fully aware of the risks.