Market News & Analysis
Daily Forex Technical Trend Bias/Key Levels (Fri 21 Jun)
Kelvin Wong June 21, 2019 11:36 AM
EUR/USD – Watch the 1.1350 resistance
click to enlarge charts
- Continued to inch higher and right now it is hovering below the 1.1350 resistance (07/12 Jun 2019 swing high areas & the descending trendline from 10 Jan 2019 swing high). Prefer to turn neutral now between 1.1350 and 1.1245.
- A break with an hourly close above 1.1350 opens up scope for an extension of the corrective rebound towards the next intermediate resistance at 1.1420 (Fibonacci expansion & 21 Mar 2019 swing high area). On the flipside, an hourly close below 1.1245 revives the bearish tone for a slide back to retest this week’s current low of 1.1180.
GBP/USD – 1.2760 remains the key resistance to watch
click to enlarge chart
- Managed to hold below the 1.2760 key short-term pivotal resistance as expected post BoE. Click here to recap our previous report. Maintain bearish bias and added 1.2665 as the trigger level to reinforce a potential slide to retest the near-term support of 1.2560 in the first step.
- However, an hourly close above 1.2760 invalidates the bearish scenario for a further corrective rebound towards the next resistance at 1.2875.
USD/JPY – Further potential drop
click to enlarge chart
- Managed to drift down lower as expected and it is now coming close to the downside target/support of 107.10 as per highlighted in our previous report. No clear signs of bearish exhaustion at this juncture, maintain bearish bias below a tightened key short-term pivotal resistance now 107.85 for a further potential drop to target the next support at 106.60/50 (the lower limit of the descending channel & a Fibonacci expansion cluster).
- However, an hourly close above 108.20 negates the bearish tone for a squeeze up to retest the 108.65 key medium-term resistance.
AUD/USD – 0.6935 remains the key resistance to watch
click to enlarge chart
- Tested the 0.6935 key short-term pivotal resistance as per highlighted in our previous report with the hourly RSI oscillator that has started to exhibit exhaustion in short-term upside momentum.
- Maintain bearish bias and added 0.6900 as the downside trigger level to reinforce a potential slide back to retest the 0.6830/6810 significant support. However, an hourly close above 0.6935 invalidates the bearish tone for an extension of the corrective rebound towards the key medium-term resistance at 0.7020 (also the descending resistance from 03 Dec 2018 high).
Charts are from eSignal
This report is intended for general circulation only. It should not be construed as a recommendation, or an offer (or solicitation of an offer) to buy or sell any financial products. The information provided does not take into account your specific investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs. Before you act on any recommendation that may be contained in this report, independent advice ought to be sought from a financial adviser regarding the suitability of the investment product, taking into account your specific investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs.
GAIN Capital Singapore Pte. Ltd., may distribute reports produced by its respective foreign entities or affiliates within the GAIN Capital group of companies or third parties pursuant to an arrangement under Regulation 32C of the Financial Advisers Regulations. Where the report is distributed to a person in Singapore who is not an accredited investor, expert investor or an institutional investor (as defined in the Securities Futures Act), GAIN Capital Singapore Pte. Ltd. accepts legal responsibility to such persons for the contents of the report only to the extent required by law. Singapore recipients should contact GAIN Capital Singapore Pte. Ltd. at 6826 9988 for matters arising from, or in connection with the report.
In the case of all other recipients of this report, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and regulations neither GAIN Capital Singapore Pte. Ltd. nor its associated companies will be responsible or liable for any loss or damage incurred arising out of, or in connection with, any use of the information contained in this report and all such liability is hereby expressly disclaimed. No representation or warranty is made, express or implied, that the content of this report is complete or accurate.
GAIN Capital Singapore Pte. Ltd. is not under any obligation to update this report.
Trading CFDs and FX on margin carries a high level of risk that may not be suitable for some investors. Consider your investment objectives, level of experience, financial resources, risk appetite and other relevant circumstances carefully. The possibility exists that you could lose some or all of your investments, including your initial deposits. If in doubt, please seek independent expert advice. Visit cityindex.com.sg for the complete Risk Disclosure Statement.
Cryptocurrencies are not legal tender currency and trading of derivatives on Cryptocurrencies are currently not covered under any regulatory regime in Singapore. Consequently, investors should be aware they do not have protection under the Securities and Futures Act (Cap. 289). Please ensure that you are fully aware of the risks.