China Geely automobile traces out a major bottoming configuration
Kelvin Wong November 26, 2019 11:58 AM
After a 19% decline from its 20 Nov 2017 all-time high of 29.80, Geely Auto is likely to have a bottoming out in the past 3 months.
Medium-term technical outlook on Geely Automobile (0175 HKG)
click to enlarge charts
Key Levels (1 to 3 weeks)
Intermediate support: 15.54
Pivot (key support): 14.16
Resistances: 17.00 & 18.50/19.14
Next supports: 12.44 & 10.33
Directional Bias (1 to 3 weeks)
Geely Auto, a major automobile manufacturer in China that engages in the research and development, production and the sale of automobiles (sedans, sport utility vehicles &electric vehicle models).
Bullish bias for Geely Auto above 14.16 key medium-term pivotal support for another round of potential upleg to target the next medium-term resistance at 17.00 and the major resistance zone of 18.50/19.14.
However, a daily close below 14.16 indicates a failure bullish breakout for a slide back to retest 12.44 and even the major support at 10.33.
- The major downtrend phase of Geely Auto from 20 Nov 2017 high of 29.80 has started to shown signs of “bottoming out” after a 19% decline.
- Since its 08 Jan 2019 swing low area of 10.33, Geely Auto has traced out a bullish reversal “Double Bottom” configuration with its neckline resistance at 19.14.
- The weekly RSI oscillator has staged a bullish breakout above a corresponding significant descending resistance in place since 20 Nov 2017 (the start of the major downtrend in price action) with the daily RSI oscillator that is still hovering above its support at the 51 level. These observations suggest that medium-term upside momentum has resurfaced.
- The 14.16 key medium-term pivotal support is defined by the pull-back support of the former major descending trendline from 20 Nov 2017, former 19 Sep 2019 swing high and the 50% Fibonacci retracement of the on-going 2-month up move from 25 Sep 2019 low to 08 Nov 2019 high.
- Since 15 Aug 2019, the price action of Geely Auto has evolved into a medium-term ascending channel.
- Relative strength analysis from its ratio chart suggests outperformance of Geely Auto against its benchmark Hang Seng China Enterprises Index (HSCEI), an index that a comprises a basket of China stocks that are listed in Hong Kong.
Charts are from eSignal
This report is intended for general circulation only. It should not be construed as a recommendation, or an offer (or solicitation of an offer) to buy or sell any financial products. The information provided does not take into account your specific investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs. Before you act on any recommendation that may be contained in this report, independent advice ought to be sought from a financial adviser regarding the suitability of the investment product, taking into account your specific investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs.
StoneX Financial Pte. Ltd., may distribute reports produced by its respective foreign entities or affiliates within the StoneX group of companies or third parties pursuant to an arrangement under Regulation 32C of the Financial Advisers Regulations. Where the report is distributed to a person in Singapore who is not an accredited investor, expert investor or an institutional investor (as defined in the Securities Futures Act), StoneX Financial Pte. Ltd. accepts legal responsibility to such persons for the contents of the report only to the extent required by law. Singapore recipients should contact StoneX Financial Pte. Ltd. at 6826 9988 for matters arising from, or in connection with the report.
In the case of all other recipients of this report, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and regulations neither StoneX Financial Pte. Ltd. nor its associated companies will be responsible or liable for any loss or damage incurred arising out of, or in connection with, any use of the information contained in this report and all such liability is hereby expressly disclaimed. No representation or warranty is made, express or implied, that the content of this report is complete or accurate.
StoneX Financial Pte. Ltd. is not under any obligation to update this report.
Trading CFDs and FX on margin carries a high level of risk that may not be suitable for some investors. Consider your investment objectives, level of experience, financial resources, risk appetite and other relevant circumstances carefully. The possibility exists that you could lose some or all of your investments, including your initial deposits. If in doubt, please seek independent expert advice. Visit cityindex.com.sg for the complete Risk Disclosure Statement.