AAC Tech bullish breakout from 2-year resistance, outperformance against Hang Seng Index intact
Kelvin Wong November 20, 2019 11:15 AM
AAC Technologies 9-month downtrend phase is likely to have ended.
Medium-term outlook on AAC Technologies (2018 HKG)
click to enlarge charts
Key Levels (1 to 3 weeks)
Intermediate support: 53.30
Pivot (key support): 48.60
Next support: 34.00/31.45 (major/LT pivot)
Directional Bias (1 to 3 weeks)
AAC Technologies is a component stock in the Hang Seng Index that involves in research, development and sale of acoustic products and electronic components in the consumer electronics industry worldwide; also supplier for Apple.
Bullish bias in any dips above 48.60 key medium-term pivotal support for a further potential upleg to target the next resistance at 64.60/68.70.
However, failure to hold at 48.60 with a daily close below it indicates a failure bullish breakout move where its share price is likely to see a further drift down to retest the 34.00/31.45 long-term/major pivotal support zone.
- After a horrendous plunge of 80% from its 185.00 all-time high level printed on 13 Nov 2017, the share price of AAC Tech may have formed a medium-term bottoming configuration. The 9-month of downtrend phase has managed to find support at a long-term secular ascending trendline in place since its Dec 2008 secular low of 2.20 (see weekly chart)
- In addition, the weekly RSI has exited its oversold region with a prior bullish divergence signal and still has further room to manoeuvre to the upside before it reaches an extreme overbought level at 84. These observations suggest a revival of upside momentum.
- Yesterday’s price action has staged a bullish breakout from a 2-year descending trendline resistance from 13 Nov 2017 high (see daily chart) with its pull-back support now at around 53.30. Also, it has been evolving within a medium-term ascending channel in place since 29 Aug 2019 low.
- The up move in price action that is evolving within the ascending channel has been accompanied by an increasing volume and relative strength analysis from its ratio chart suggests outperformance against the market (Hang Seng Index/HSI).
- The next significant medium-term resistance stands at 64.60/68.70 which is defined by the swing highs of 02 Nov 2018/25 Feb 2019, the upper boundary of the medium-term ascending channel and a Fibonacci retracement/expansion cluster.
Charts are from eSignal
This report is intended for general circulation only. It should not be construed as a recommendation, or an offer (or solicitation of an offer) to buy or sell any financial products. The information provided does not take into account your specific investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs. Before you act on any recommendation that may be contained in this report, independent advice ought to be sought from a financial adviser regarding the suitability of the investment product, taking into account your specific investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs.
GAIN Capital Singapore Pte. Ltd., may distribute reports produced by its respective foreign entities or affiliates within the GAIN Capital group of companies or third parties pursuant to an arrangement under Regulation 32C of the Financial Advisers Regulations. Where the report is distributed to a person in Singapore who is not an accredited investor, expert investor or an institutional investor (as defined in the Securities Futures Act), GAIN Capital Singapore Pte. Ltd. accepts legal responsibility to such persons for the contents of the report only to the extent required by law. Singapore recipients should contact GAIN Capital Singapore Pte. Ltd. at 6826 9988 for matters arising from, or in connection with the report.
In the case of all other recipients of this report, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and regulations neither GAIN Capital Singapore Pte. Ltd. nor its associated companies will be responsible or liable for any loss or damage incurred arising out of, or in connection with, any use of the information contained in this report and all such liability is hereby expressly disclaimed. No representation or warranty is made, express or implied, that the content of this report is complete or accurate.
GAIN Capital Singapore Pte. Ltd. is not under any obligation to update this report.
Trading CFDs and FX on margin carries a high level of risk that may not be suitable for some investors. Consider your investment objectives, level of experience, financial resources, risk appetite and other relevant circumstances carefully. The possibility exists that you could lose some or all of your investments, including your initial deposits. If in doubt, please seek independent expert advice. Visit cityindex.com.sg for the complete Risk Disclosure Statement.
Cryptocurrencies are not legal tender currency and trading of derivatives on Cryptocurrencies are currently not covered under any regulatory regime in Singapore. Consequently, investors should be aware they do not have protection under the Securities and Futures Act (Cap. 289). Please ensure that you are fully aware of the risks.