- Can I apply for a demo account?
- How long does my demo account last for?
- What platforms will I be able to use?
- Can I extend my demo account?
- What is the difference between a demo account and a live account?
- I am ready to open a live account
1. Can I apply for a demo account?
Of course, City Index offers demo accounts for CFD and FX.
Please click here to apply for a demo account.
Please click here to apply for an MT4 demo account.
2. How long does my demo account last for?
Your demo account gives you 30 days unlimited access to over 4,500 markets. It comes with a balance of SGD 10,000 for you to trade risk free.
3. What platforms will I be able to use?
Depending on which account you sign up for (CFD or FX/MT4), you will be able to trade using our Advantage Web platform and MT4 mobile, tablet and downloadable platforms for your account type. You can also access CFD demo accounts via the Advantage Web browser platform.
4. Can I extend my demo account?
While the Demo Account is for 30 days only, if you feel you need more time to practice trading, you can always apply for another one.
5. What is the difference between a demo account and a live account?
Demo accounts are intended to enable you to familiarise yourself with the tools and features of our trading platforms. Success or failure in simulated trading bears no relation to probable future results with any live trading that you may choose to engage in.
Please note that a demo account cannot always reasonably reflect all of the market conditions that may affect pricing, execution and margin requirements in a live trading environment. Margin and leverage settings may vary from time to time between your demo account and a live account due to live account setting changes imposed as a result of elevated market volatility or other factors.
6. I am ready to open a live account
To open a live account, either click the link on the top of your trading platform or use the link here.
Speak to our friendly customer support team