1. How much money do I need to deposit in order to open a City Index FX account?
There is no minimum first deposit. However, when funding via credit/debit cards, there is a minimum amount per card transaction which is SGD250/USD250.
2. How do I transfer funds into my City Index account?
You can fund your account via the MyAccount portal which you can access via the platform. You'll see a number of options including:
- Fund your account
- Withdraw from your account
- Add a card to your account
- Remove a card from your account
Select the appropriate link to initiate payment.
You can also fund your account by direct bank transfer. Our bank details and information about depositing funds into your account via direct bank transfer transfer can be found in the MyAccount portal. Please note that we are unable to accept payments from third parties, any such transfers will be rejected and returned to the original source.
3. Which debit/credit cards are accepted?
Debit cards: Visa, MasterCard
Credit cards: Visa, MasterCard
Please note: If you wish to fund from a Citibank account you will need to do this via BACs or CHAPs.
4. How do I add a new card to my FX account?
You can add a new card or delete existing card details via the ‘Fund Your Account’ tab on the Trading Platform. You cannot, however, amend details for cards that have already been registered with us. To amend details for an existing card, you need to first delete the old card from your account and then create a new card with the updated information.
5. Can I deposit funds in another currency?
Funds can only be deposited in the Base Currency of the account.
6. Do you send a confirmation of successful deposits?
We do not currently offer this service, but as soon as you have made a deposit, the funds will be reflected on your trading account.
7. What is the maximum number of cards that I can use?
We currently allow clients to register and use up to three cards on their account at any time.
8. My bank has declined my deposit. What should I do?
If you bankcard has been declined, please add a new payment card to your account.
You might also be interested in...
Trade Forex risk-free with a demo account